Men, as we’ve historically come to define them, are obsolete. Obsolete does not mean worthless. It means outmoded.
ONE: It’s the end of men because men are failing in the workplace.
- Over the last few decades men’s incomes have been slowly declining and women’s have been rising.
- In 2009 they became the majority of the American workforce for the first time ever.
- In nearly every country, on all but one continent, women are getting 60 percent of college degrees
TWO: It’s the end of men because the traditional household, propped up by the male breadwinner, is vanishing.
- We have a new global type, for example, called the alpha wife, a woman who makes more money than her husband or boyfriend.
THREE: It’s the end of men because we can see it in the working and middle class.
- The working class feels the end of men the most, as men lose their jobs and lose their will to be fathers, and women do everything alone, creating a virtual matriarchy in the parts of the country that used to be bastions of machismo. As many a woman told me, “He’d be just another mouth to feed.”
FOUR: It’s the end of men because men have lost their monopoly on violence and aggression.
- Women are becoming more sexually confident, and are going to war and going to jail more.
FIVE: It’s the end of men because men, too, are now obsessed with their body hair.