This article is the summary of the results of a fact-finding mission, presented without value judgments in favor of or against people who engage in anal sex.
The Circle of Blood
“The act of the sodomite signifies the death of the human species.…”
“More monstrous than the act of the sodomite is the act of the executioner.”
“True, but the act of the sodomite can be repeated again and again.”
-Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom (1975)*
From “Why Girls Should Only Have Anal Sex”:
YOU SHIT CUM
How is this nothing other than hilarious? For a millisecond it feels empowering to be expelling baby-creation liquid from your female body, and then you remember that it’s coming out of a tunnel for shit. The image is so bizarre and backwards, it it’s like a college art project on recontextualization. Or feminist literature. “POOPING SEMEN: At the Dawn of Matriarchy.” 
The Circle of Manias
Part of the thrill, though, is disobeying your fundamental physiology. Butt sex is fun for the same reason it’s fun to piss off a teacher or take a piss on a cop car, or burn down a church—except, get this, the only authority that you’re rebelling against is yourself. 
The Circle of Shit
No matter whether you use an enema or spent an hour earlier in the day getting rid of everything in your system, there’s still a chance you could poop during anal. It’s a fact of life, and it’s perfectly okay. “Think of his penis as a plunger,” says Ross. “Sometimes, it dips in and might bring out a few particles or smearing. Other times, the plunger creates enough suction that a large amount of stool is evacuated.” It can sound kind of terrifying, but if you’re using a condom and it’s just a little, all you have to do is roll it off, toss it in the trash, and change the sheets ASAP, says Rachael Ross, M.D., Ph.D., co-host of The Doctors.
“Some guys who are into anal are also sort of turned on by the poop smell and seeing particles of poop throughout the event,” says Ross. “Don’t be embarrassed.” 
* Mainstream and industry endorsement of “Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom”:
- A large group of artists, including Martin Scorsese and Alec Baldwin, and SCHOLARS signed a legal brief arguing the film’s artistic merit.
- TV Guide gave the film a mixed review awarding it a score of 2.5/4 stating it had “moments of undeniably brilliant insight”.
- A 2000 poll of critics conducted by The Village Voice named it the 89th greatest film of the 20th century.
- In 2010, the Toronto International Film Festival placed it at No. 47 on its list of The Essential 100 films.
- According to film review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, reports that 69% of 26 surveyed critics gave the film a positive review; the average rating is 6.4/10.
- Academy Award & Palme D’Or wining director Michael Haneke named the film his fourth favorite film when he voted for the 2002 Sight and Sound poll.
- Award-winning comedian and actor David Cross named it one of his favorite films.
- Acclaimed filmmaker Rainer Werner Fassbinder also cites it as one of his 10 favorite movies.
- Award-winning director John Waters said, “Salo is a beautiful film…it uses obscenity in an intelligent way…and it’s about the pornography of power.” 
 “Salo Script – Dialogue Transcript”. Script-O-Rama. http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/s/salo-script-transcript-pasolini-sodom.html
 Crabb, Kara. “Why Girls Should Only Have Anal Sex”. Vice. 21.08.2012. Retrieved 02.09.2015 http://www.vice.com/read/why-girls-should-only-have-anal-sex
 Barnes, Zahra. “How Likely Are You to Poop During Anal Sex? And what to do if it does happen.”. Women’s Health. 3 August 2015. Retrieved 02.09.2015 from http://www.womenshealthmag.com/sex-and-relationships/poop-during-anal-sex
 “Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom”. Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sal%C3%B2,_or_the_120_Days_of_Sodom